Getting to know... Brendan Grieve
1. Where are you from?
I was born in Australia and moved to Belfast when I was 11
2. What was your childhood nickname?
3. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
4. What’s your middle name?
5. If you could host a dinner party for anyone dead or alive, who would you invite?
Mother Theresa, Alex Ferguson, Shane MacGowan and my wife, Majella.
6. Finish this sentence. I can’t get through the weekend without:
Spending time with my family … and drinking some red wine!
7. What are you most proud of?
Apart from my wife and kids, my career at Enterprise.
8. What’s something people don’t know about you?
I once played Gaelic football in front of 30,000 people
9. What’s your favourite football team?
Manchester United/Antrim (GAA)
10. Describe your journey at Enterprise in one word.
11. What’s your favourite food?
12. What’s your favourite holiday destination?
County Kerry, Ireland
13. Dogs or Cats?
14. Favourite film?
15. What are your hobbies?
16. If you were an animal, what would you be?
A koala, because they sleep a lot and with four kids I get very little sleep!
17. What’s the most challenging thing you’ve ever done?
Raise four kids
18. How old are your kids?
My kids are seven, six, four and nine months
19. What’s a quote that you live by?
Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally, but what you do consistently.
20. Can you play a musical instrument?
The guitar (badly)
21. Who’s your celebrity crush?
22. Do you speak any other languages?
I have a nine-month-old. Does baby talk count?